HOUSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With National Parent’s Day approaching, it’s a great time for people to celebrate the positive examples of parents in their lives and recognize the special bond between parents and their children. Meredith Staggers, Founder and Owner of Cakes & Confetti, shares some tried and true “life hacks” to relieve any parent’s stress, while making sure the kids are still having fun.
“Often parents may not have an extra pair of hands and they use easy ways to maintain peace and quiet; like letting kids spend time on iPad, but this could be unhealthy for kids in the future,” said Meredith Staggers. “Understanding that time is of the essence, there are ways to optimize for tasks that seem to always add up.”
Meredith Staggers gives parents practical tips to help parents make their day easier:
- Keep Kids Busy. Sometimes you need some alone time, but you can’t leave your kids alone. Entertain them by letting them draw on cardboard boxes or playing with interactive toys like Lego or Play-Dough. Another fun option is to coordinate hunting around the house for an immersive and brain-stimulating adventure.
- Make Snack Time Fun. Make snack time more fun by arranging colorful food and fruit on plates to resemble your child’s favorite TV characters. Drawing funny faces on hard-boiled egg shells is another fun and creative idea. Take advantage of the recent trend of bento lunch boxes by cutting fruits into small pieces and adding cute toothpicks to show your love. Another great alternative is to give kids vitamins in a gummy form like L’il Critters D3 gummy vitamin3 – perfect for picky eaters!
- Set aside time to tidy up. Playtime is necessary for kids, but the messy aftermath can drive parents crazy! You’ll be sure to thank yourself later if you schedule time to clean during the day, even if it’s just a few minutes. Keep the playroom tidy by placing a clear shoe storage bag, attaching sticks with buckets, or magnetic knife strips for hanging toys.
- Wash Clothes Smarter, Not Harder. Where To do all those socks gone? Make sure to never have this problem again and wash the little ones’ socks together in the laundry bag. When you come back from the park, prepare extra clothes for yourself in case your baby throws up on you in public, or your child soils you. It’s best to throw all dirty clothes straight into the laundry room and use a detergent that removes stains and gives off a fresh scent – I recommend these two laundry detergents from Arm & Hammer: Deodorizing and Sensitive Skin, Free & Clean.
- Let the Kids Help You. If you cook or clean, let your children help you with simple tasks like setting the table or sorting the laundry. Involving them in your household chores helps children learn more about what they need to do to care for themselves and provides a sense of responsibility. This is a win, win situation – make sure you give them a role they can handle!
- Thinking of raising a family? Although children can be a lot of work, they can bring so much joy and light to parents’ lives. When you think you might be pregnant, the sooner you find out, the better – keep the First Response Early Results pregnancy tests close because they can detect pregnancy six days earlier than the first day of your missed period.
“Happy children are happy parents! Dedicate time and attention in the activities and food you provide to your family, so that they grow fit and strong.” added Stagger.
Nonton and Synopsis of Kingdom: Ashin of the North